This competition is now closed
Remix ‘Believe Me’ and YOU could feature on the Natural History album reissue…
Later this year we will be releasing a digital-only, augmented version of our Natural History album, which will include all the recent remixes from Klute, Seba, Bop, Stray, Badmammal & Kastle, some previously unheard remixes from us and, with any luck, a special guest remix of Believe Me from one of YOU.
All you need to do is download the parts for the track, create your remix in any style you like and submit it to us for listening.
Please read the whole of this post before asking us questions. Many of them will be answered below.
Download the parts for ‘Believe Me’ here
Once you’re happy with your remix, just send it to us using the dropbox below. We will pick our favourite remix and the winning track will appear on the reissued album.
The deadline to enter your remix is midnight, 10th October 2010.
For those of you that don’t have any suitable kit at home try this free online software.
Submit your finished remix here
Send us your remix.
Natural History Remix Competition: Entry guidelines, information, terms & conditions
1. Your remix can be any style of music you choose and can be as similar or different to the original as you wish. We will pick the best and most interesting remix, so use your imagination.
2. If you publicise a full-length version of your remix before a winner is picked we are much less likely to choose your track, even if it’s really good.
3. Winning means that your remix will appear on the album with full credit to you. Winning the competition does not entail any form of financial reward for entrants.
4. Entering the remix competition implies full acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are legally binding. Blu Mar Ten reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
5. Please do not submit unfinished tracks or ‘works in progress’. These will be automatically disqualified.
6. We will not be able to enter into ‘feedback’ conversations about your entries, so please do not request this.
7. You may enter more than one remix.
8. You may use as many or as few of the samples as you see fit and you may add as much of your own content as you wish.
9. The winning track will be professionally mastered at Finyl Tweek.
10. The winning track must be provided in either WAV or AIFF format prior to mastering
11. The augmented album will be a digital-only release
12. The competition closes at midnight on Sunday October 10th 2010.
13. All entries must be received by midnight on the stipulated closing date. Those not received by the deadline will be invalid to enter. All entries must be submitted via the Blu Mar Ten Soundcloud dropbox. Entries submitted via other means will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received by Soundcloud due to technical or other delivery difficulties.
14. The winner will be selected after the closing date at the discretion of Blu Mar Ten, whose decision is final. The winner will be notified within 7 days.
15. All parts made available to download, and all parts downloaded remain the property of Blu Mar Ten. All remixes completed, whether submitted in this competition or not, remain the property of Blu Mar Ten. No exploitation, or distribution of remixes shall be permitted without the sole written consent of Blu Mar Ten.
16. Winner will be the the remix submitted from all relevant entrants as the one most liked by Blu Mar Ten.
17. No purchase necessary and no proof of purchase required.
18. Blu Mar Ten’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There is no cash alternative and the prize is non-transferable.
19. Blu Mar Ten reserves the right to verify the eligibility of applications.
20. The winner’s name may be published on blumarten.com, Blu Mar Ten’s social networks and Soundcloud.com after the closing date of the competition. Blu Mar Ten has the right to contact the winners for permission to involve them in any post prize-giving publicity and the winner agrees to such activities and shall make themselves reasonably available for such purposes.
21. Your entry must not infringe on the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, or rights of privacy or publicity, or other intellectual property rights.
22. Blu Mar Ten reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this competition at anytime without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on blumarten.com / other platforms
23. The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by the law of England & Wales.
24. Prize is subject to final selection. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Blu Mar Ten retains the right to offer an alternative prize.